October 10th, 2005 New York, NY – What’s a world famous celebrity couple to do once media coverage dies down? Bizarre public declarations of true love – check! Announce engagement during press conference for upcoming movie – check! Make known to the world a child is on his or her way – consider it done! On Wednesday, October 5th, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes revealed they are expecting their first child together. Holmes in good company follows the child baring footsteps of Mrs. Federline, Mrs. Affleck, and Mrs. Trump.
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have been inseparable since they revealed their relationship in April, and though Cruise can’t share the joys of disco and polyester with his wife-to-be, both swear they are in it for the long haul. However, people may be betting otherwise.
Odds makers at BetCRIS.com have anticipated the possible TomKat announcements that that could be made in the near future:
– The baby will be raised to be the head of the Church of Scientology / 999 to 1
– Tom and Katie will announce breakup / 22 to 1
– The baby will be named “TomKat” / 22 to 1
– Tom Cruise is found NOT to be the father / 999 to 1
– They will announce the baby’s gender / 1 to 1.25
– They will hope Katie does not have postpartum depression / 8 to 1
– No other announcements will be made / 1 to 1.10
– More than one of the above / 8 to 1
“As one of the most highly publicized relationships in Hollywood, people are waiting for the next move between Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes,” said Mickey Richardson, CEO of BetCRIS.com. “And the public’s eagerness for gossip has grown now that they’ve announced they are expecting.”